Monday, July 25, 2011

Nursery is Finished...All Childrens Tour

So, last week we had our last echo before our scheduled C/S date. New news -Dr said there *might* be a leaky value. He wasnt sure, and its hard to tell right now with her size and position.  Another good thing is that they are thinking that the heart defect is an isolated thing, and that the baby is growing well otherwise.

We got to tour All Childrens today, and I felt like we were all in good hands. Secure, Clean, Quiet, and the nurses and staff already knew OF Bella and her condition. I felt as if we have already been there before- which was comforting. Although, I did want to cry and was just anxious. In a few short weeks, that's where our baby will be! And i won't be able to run away! Now I feel like i've been looking at all this like it's something I'll deal with later. Now it IS later, and it's time to deal with it. And I'm just so nervous. I have so much guilt. When people ask me if I'm excited about the baby being born soon, I feel like saying, "excited about what? That I'm about to be scared out of my mind of what could happen?" I will be happy to finally meet our little girl and I realize how lucky we are... That it really can be so much worse. I want to tell her to stay in there forever, where she is safe!

We also met with the surgeon, and he was impressed that we've done our homework :)
Guess you can never REALLY be fully prepared.... but now that we are about 3 weeks away..... we are both as prepared as we can get, I think. I just hope my mommy heart is right and she will be ok.
Finished the nursery today.... thankful my son got to take part as well, we love it. I know Isabella will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment