Monday, August 22, 2011

Go Bella GO!!


Went to visit Bella today.... she was moved from the CVICU to the PICU because there was a more critical patient that needed her room. That a plus for now!! yay Bella!

She is eating (and pooping on mommy) Like a CHAMP! So proud of her. I just love to sit and hold her. Her smell, her eyes, her perfect little face makes me so happy to be a mommy to her. She has my heart (and daddy's) for sure.
Hopefully, Logan will be able to visit with her some this weekend. I hear we have a hurricane coming? I have no idea. I have barely stopped long enough to eat -- let alone check the news.

She has been off the bili lights for a couple days, and unfortunately her levels have crept up again. She doesn't look jaundiced to me... but the blood work shows different. Hoping we will get that all worked out.
I am waiting to hear back from the nurse to see how her respiratory rate has been this evening, for us it seemed good.
But, she goes in spells. I know they were going to do another ECHO to see if the ductus has closed, and Im not sure if that was done this evening either. They have said many times, its going to be up to her to see if she can manage the "blood flow" to and from her lungs/heart on her own-- so we are still just waiting to see.

As much as it hurts to have her away from home (I still smell her baby smell on my arm, and its wonderful!) I know she is in very good hands. As some lady in the elevator said "The most expensive babysitter you will ever use!" LOL.
Cant wait to take her home, but for now Im still praying for her heart and visiting her everyday for our snuggle time. I love being a mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment